Coronavirus Quarantine Discounts and Freebies for Healthcare Workers
Everyone is feeling the pinch of losing their job or seeing their income drop dramatically due to the coronavirus quarantine. Healthcare workers are no exception. Maybe some discounts and freebies will help you!
Please share this information with your teams as well. There are a lot of people hurting right now. The more we can ease their pain, the better!
Also, many businesses have expanded hours that are exclusive to healthcare workers. Some businesses are also allowing healthcare workers to cut to the front of any line if they show their hospital badge. Make sure you ask every place you go if you’re allowed to go to the front of the line.
Take a look at some of these amazing discounts. Comment below if you know of one that isn’t on the list, and I’ll make sure to add it!
- Come in for a free iced tea through June 10. No purchase is necessary! This is good for military, medical professionals, and also law enforcement.
- If you’d like to get food delivered for free, take advantage of Door Dash’s free DashPass for medical professionals. This offers free delivery and reduced service fees from participating restaurants.
- Every Monday through May 12, Krispy Kreme is offering a free dozen glazed doughnuts to healthcare professionals. Make sure you bring your badge with you.
- On Saturdays, everyone gets a free dozen doughnuts with the purchase of a dozen doughnuts. According to their press release, they will also include a special “smiley-face doughnut.” They call it the “Be Sweet Dozen.”
- Little Caesar’s has pledged to donate 1 million pizzas to healthcare workers. You can also “Pie It Forward” and donate a pizza to your local hospital, fire station, or police station.
- Through May 5, McDonald’s is offering free breakfast breakfast or lunch meals to healthcare professionals and first responders. They call them “thank you meals.” Check with your local restaurant to see if they’re participating.
- Starbucks is giving free coffee to doctors, nurses, and first responders. I’ve heard from folks that this is location-specific, so it may not be national. Make sure you bring your ID badge.
Clothing and Sporting Goods
- Verify your status as a healthcare worker through ID.me and get 40% off your purchases.
- My favorite shoe designer is offering a 60% discount in their online store if you register with them. Use this link to register for free.
- They’re donating 10,000 free pairs of scrubs per month. You can order them for your whole team. Max. donation request is 250 scrub sets.
- Crocs is offering a free pair of crocs to healthcare workers!! There’s a daily limit to how many they give away, so get in line every day and see if you get picked!
- If you’d like to make masks to donate to the front line workers, get your free fabric at Joann’s. Their goal is to donate 100 million masks!
- Figs is donating scrubs to hospitals. Register to get your hospital eligible!
- Dr. Scholl’s is donating $1.3 million in free insoles to docs and nurses! Good only while supplies last!
- Is your old white coat looking shabby? Get a new one and save 30% at Medelita using the code “FRONTLINES.”
- Get 50% off when you verify your status with ID.me.
- The popular shoe company is offering a 50% discount on products through the end of May.
- The clothing and outdoor gear retailer is offering a whopping 50% discount to first responders and healthcare providers. This extends all the way to the end of the year (Dec, 31 2020)!!!
- Under Armour is offering a 40% discount to healthcare workers, military, and first responders on all purchases. ID.me will be used to confirm your status as a healthcare worker.
- Big Lots announced a 15% discount on everything in-store and online for military and medical professionals. Bring your ID badge with you. For online purchases, use the code BIGHEROES when you checkout.
- Enjoy a 10% discount on qualifying purchases through April 30. It might end up getting extended, so check back at their website at the end of April.
- On April 25, Walgreens will offer a 30% discount on all Walgreens brands. They will also be offering 20% off regularly priced national brands. Bring an employee badge or other card identifying you as a healthcare worker.
Essential Household Services
- Get 30 days of free premium access to their site. They help find caregivers for your children, parents, and pets. It’s free for 30 days!
- Their “Loads of Hope” campaign is available in select cities. They’re offering free laundry and dry cleaning services for healthcare professionals. Click the link to see if you’re in an eligible city.
Utilities and Commodities
- If you verify your status as a healthcare professional through ID.me, you can get 50 cents off each gallon of gas. Check the link for instructions on how to redeem.
- If you have a valid ID, Circle K is offering a free coffee, fountain drink, or tea. No purchase necessary! They just want to say thanks!
- Get a free $25,000 life insurance policy. It’s a small policy, but you can’t say no to free coverage!
- Need a place to park? Through May 12, you can join the Spot Club for free and use the code “HHERO6918” to get free parking at any of their facilities.
- This company is offering a free complete Will-Based Estate Plan for you and your spouse! Living trusts are not free, but you should definitely take advantage of this!! You need a will!
- Verizon is offering big discounts to nurses and teachers during the coronavirus quarantine. Even if you’re not a nurse or teacher, please pass the information along to your staff and teachers for their benefit. Medical professionals already enjoy discounts through Verizon.
Lodging and Travel
- AirBnB wants to make it easy to stay close to your patients. Check out their free options here. You can also sign up to register a home as an AirBnB rental for healthcare workers if you want to give back.
- Delta is offering free flights to Georgia, Louisiana, Michigan and New York for medical volunteers.
- Hilton has pledged to donate 1 million rooms to first responders and medical professionals during the quarantine. The offer is good through May 31.
- Rooms for Responders: They’re providing free rooms for first responders in major cities. They’re separately offering steep discounts on rooms through their “Community Caregiver Program.”
- Free telemedicine mental health counseling is available for all medical professionals through at least May 1st.
- You can call for a free 30-minute counseling session. Email COVID@FRANCIEPERKINS.COM and provide a copy of your medical badge or ID card.
- Until the end of May, Caliber Collision is offering medical professionals and first responders contactless pickup and delivery for car repairs, as well as paying up to $500 of their deductible. If you don’t have rental coverage, they will also provide a rental car.
- Through April 30th, you can get 50% off any oil change. Access the coupon here!
- Get a free three-pack of cards to send a thank you note to someone working on the front lines during this crisis. That’s doing it right!
- Need a massage? Check out Theragun’s massage devices instead! Get up to $250 off while supplies last!
- Coronavirus Financial Survival Kit for Healthcare Professionals
- 23 Strategies for Financial Success During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Crisis
- The Emergency Fund: The Account You Need that Won’t Make you Any Money
- Budgeting Part 1 – You WILL Fail Without a Budget
- Budgeting Part 2 – Five Easy Steps to Make a Budget that Helps You Win with Your Money
Do you know of any discounts that aren’t on this list? Please comment below and share, and I’ll be sure to add them!