Podcast Episode 15 – “How a Healthy Team Culture is the Secret to Your Company’s Success” with William Vanderbloemen
Episode 15 – What would it be like to work in a place where everyone genuinely enjoyed working there? Wouldn’t you love to have a healthy workplace environment, low staff turnover, and high productivity? According to today’s guest, William Vanderbloemen, your company’s success lives and dies with how effectively you develop a healthy, vibrant team culture.
A good team culture doesn’t develop by accident. It’s something you create over time through nurture and deliberate planning. Cultivating a good team culture will lead to lower staff turnover, increased profitability, better team morale, and a more positive work experience.
I hope you enjoy this week’s episode as William Vanderbloemen shares the key features that you need in order to ensure that your team culture is healthy. Whether you’re joining an established company or starting your own, there are great tips in here that you need! Sit back and listen to a great conversation about how you as a leader can build the company of your dreams with the team you already have in place.
“The reason for a healthy team culture is the very real tactic of retaining good employees.”
– William Vanderbloemen
Meet William Vanderbloemen
William Vanderbloemen has been able to combine over 15 years of ministry experience as a Senior Pastor with the best practices of Executive Search to provide churches with a unique offering: a deep understanding of local church work with the very best knowledge and practices of professional executive search.
William is regularly invited to speak across the country in both church services and as a resource to churches and conferences on leadership. His latest book is Culture Wins: The Roadmap To An Irresistible Workplace.
- COVID-19 – https://www.vanderbloemen.com/covid19
- Next: Pastoral Succession That Works: https://www.vanderbloemen.com/next-pastoral-succession-that-works-book
Free Resource: 32 Easy Ways to Recognize Your Team Members
This week’s blog post: The Top 3 Killers of Team Culture that Leaders Should Avoid
Most physicians and dentists come out of training programs with a huge amount of personal debt and little to no idea of how to actually run a clinical practice. This Facebook community is for anyone who wants to learn more about how to manage their business more successfully and master their personal finances.
- How to build and implement a successful long-term finance strategy
- How to budget effectively without going crazy
- What to do in order to get you and your spouse on the same page with your finances
- Writing a resume
- How to find the right practice to join
- Or anything else related to business or personal finance
I’d love to help you so you can have the successful career and financial freedom you deserve. Just click here and email me to set up a free consultation to determine if one-on-one coaching is right for you.
I’ve coached hundreds of families to eliminate millions of dollars in debt and get their finances on track, and I’d love to help you do the same so you feel safe knowing your career and personal finances are as strong as you want them to be.
FREE disability insurance quotes from Pattern: www.thescopeofpractice.com/pattern
Pattern Financial has an amazing platform for helping doctors easily navigate the world of disability insurance. They can find you true “own-occupation” disability insurance in minutes, and it’s completely free to get the quotes!
Unlike other companies, they are a true independent insurance broker, and one of very few that I trust to take care of physicians when they need it most.
Use this link to get the disability insurance quotes for free! Even if you’re not ready to buy disability insurance today, you can still get the free quotes so you’ll know how much to budget for it.
Featured online community: Physician Medical Expert Group
- 00:00 – Introduction to the episode
- 01:22 – Subscribe to the podcast, and please leave a review!
- 01:52 – Join the “Business and Personal Finance for Physicians and Dentists Facebook Group”
- 02:16 – I am now offering one-on-one personal finance and business coaching!
- 03:09 – Introduction to William Vanderbloemen
- 05:28 – William’s book, Culture Wins, was instrumental in Dr. Lacey’s practice.
- 06:11 – What is meant by the concept, “Culture eats strategy for breakfast”?
- 07:14 – Culture defines how your team will function as you work on achieving a common mission.
- 08:12 – Culture is often formed by early people in the life of an organization. It can be shaped by the leadership of an organization. Alternatively, it may be formed as an aggregate of the personalities of the team members.
- 10:36 – How do you assess your team’s culture to determine where you are as an organization?
- 11:00 – A healthy culture will lead to lower employee turnover.
- 14:00 – Check out this great free resource to help you assess your team’s culture: theculturetool.com
- 15:28 – How do you influence the team culture when you’re just one person joining a large organization?
- 16:30 – “Honor those above you, serve those beneath you.” Following that maxim is a recipe for success!
- 18:32 – An important question every business leader should be asking is, “Are the best people in your organization recommending their friends to work for your organization?”
- 21:32 – Surround yourself with good people and you’ll do well!
- 23:15 – Attracting Millennials requires having a healthy, engaging, vibrant team culture.
- 24:40 – How do you cultivate a team culture that functions well when you have team members across multiple generations?
- 26:10 – Ask yourself this, “When we are functioning at our best, what do we do that’s common to us and uncommon to everyone else?” Focus on those things!
- 30:45 – William Vanderbloemen likes to ask, “What is our dysfunction?” That is, “What’s quirky about us that’s good and worth cultivating?”
- 31:40 – Your team’s superpower may be something incredibly simple!! For example, just listening to your patient might be the magic trait that sets your company apart!
- 33:04 – Physicians naturally tend towards isolation and working in “silos.” How do you foster and develop a healthy team culture when physicians to work solo?
- 35:15 – When you have a smaller company that gets bought by larger companies, the two company cultures have to merge and develop into a new team culture so you can retain good people.
- 37:32 – Failure to maintain a healthy team culture leads to loss of great employees. That’s a huge financial problem!
- 39:16 – It’s as important to fire people who don’t fit your culture as it is to hire people who DO fit your culture. It’s not just about performance! Your team members need to uphold your organization’s values!
- 42:54 – Culture has to supersede personality! Celebrate the values someone upholds, rather than the personality team members themselves.
- 46:34 – William Vanderbloemen shares his parting advice.
- 48:10 – Summary of the episode
- 49:15 – This week’s free resource: “32 Easy Ways to Recognize Your Team Members”
- 50:07 – Featured online community this week: “Physician Medical Expert Group”
- 52:58 – signing off
Full Disclosure: Some of the links to the resources listed above may be affiliate links, which means that I will receive a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. But it doesn’t cost you anything extra—it’s just a way to show you appreciate what we do here. Thanks for this.