Podcast Episode 38 – Top 10 Things You Can Do to Succeed with Your Personal Finance in 2021 – Dr. Brent Lacey
Episode 38 – To start 2021 off, I thought it would be fun to do something different. Instead of bringing you an interview this week with a fellow physician or an industry expert, I thought it would be fun to talk to you myself (Dr. Brent Lacey). People are making a lot of New Years’ Resolutions around this time of year, and what better resolution could you make than to get your personal finances on track, especially after the crazy year that we just had?
This week, we’re going to go through the top 10 things you can do this year to master your personal finances and reach your financial goals.
I’ve (Dr. Brent Lacey) been getting an unusually high number of requests for one-on-one financial coaching lately, and so I thought it would be useful to break down some of the most common concerns I address during these sessions and bring you some ideas of how to start addressing those areas.
Let’s start 2021 off right!!
Free Resource of the Week: Setting Reachable Financial Goals
Free Resources mentioned in the episode
- Four Steps for Calculating Your Net Worth
- Creating an Easy Budget that Works
- Five Financial Conversations All Couples Should Have
- 5 Minutes to Financial Security: Your Personal Insurance Checklist
Podcast episodes referenced in this episode by Dr. Brent Lacey:
- Podcast Episode 08 – Anyone Can Be a DIY Investor Using the Tax-Efficient Waterfall with Sarah-Catherine Gutierrez
- Podcast Episode 09 – Disability Insurance Made Simple with Matt Wiggins
- Podcast Episode 21 – How to Buy Life Insurance Without Losing Your Money or Your Sanity with Dr. Stephanie Pearson
Check out the additional free resources available at The Scope of Practice!
- Business management resources
- Personal finance resources
- Podcasting resources
- Recommended online courses
- Recommended books
Most physicians and dentists come out of training programs with a huge amount of personal debt and little to no idea of how to actually run a clinical practice. This Facebook community is for anyone who wants to learn more about how to manage their business more successfully and master their personal finances.
The Doctor Podcast Network is a group of physician and physician family podcasters with incredible messages to share with physicians. I’m incredibly excited to be a founding member of the organization. We are a large and growing network with incredible outreach.
We podcast about any and all topics that are important to physicians and their families including:
- Financial wellness
- Business mastery and leadership
- Marriage and family support
- Real estate
- and much more!
Click here and come check out the great podcasts that are a part of the network. If you’re thinking about starting a podcast, we’d love to have you join us! Help us reach out to physicians all over the world!
- How to build and implement a successful long-term finance strategy
- How to budget effectively without going crazy
- What to do in order to get you and your spouse on the same page with your finances
- Writing a resume
- How to find the right practice to join
- Or anything else related to business or personal finance
I’d love to help you so you can have the successful career and financial freedom you deserve. Just click here and email me to set up a free consultation to determine if one-on-one coaching is right for you.
I’ve coached hundreds of families to eliminate millions of dollars in debt and get their finances on track, and I’d love to help you do the same so you feel safe knowing your career and personal finances are as strong as you want them to be.
FREE disability insurance quotes from Pattern: www.thescopeofpractice.com/pattern
Pattern Financial has an amazing platform for helping doctors easily navigate the world of disability insurance. They can find you true “own-occupation” disability insurance in minutes, and it’s completely free to get the quotes!
Unlike other companies, they are a true independent insurance broker, and one of very few that I trust to take care of physicians when they need it most.
Use this link to get the disability insurance quotes for free! Even if you’re not ready to buy disability insurance today, you can still get the free quotes so you’ll know how much to budget for it.
Full Disclosure: Some of the links to the resources listed above may be affiliate links, which means that I will receive a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. But it doesn’t cost you anything extra—it’s just a way to show you appreciate what we do here. Thanks for this.