Podcast Episode 40 – How to Maximize Your Tax Savings in 2021 – Anjali Jariwala, CEO of FIT Advisors
Episode 40 – Death and taxes are the only two certainties in life, so they say. In this episode, we’re talking about TAXES!! Specifically, what strategies can you employ to maximize your tax savings in 2021? What are the tricks? What are some hacks we can employ? My guest this week is Anjali Jariwala. She’s the founder of FIT Advisors and is a tax professional.
In this episode we talk strategy as well as tactics. We discuss longterm strategies you can use to minimize your tax burden over the course of your life. Additionally, we talk about some specific items you need to make sure you deduct to take advantage of tax savings this year.
Don’t get caught at tax time with a huge tax bill. Make sure you’re getting all of the benefits you’re entitled to receive. Get all of your deductions and seriously consider hiring a professional to help you. It all starts right here, in this episode! Learn the basics and we can grow from there. This is a really valuable episode and you should think about bookmarking it for future reference every year at tax time.
Free Resource: Creating an Easy Budget that Works
Creating An Easy Budget That Works
Budgeting can be overwhelming, but using this guide will help you break the process down into easy, manageable steps.
You have successfully requested the free guide, "Creating an Easy Budget that Works"
Check out the additional free resources available at The Scope of Practice!
- Business management resources
- Personal finance resources
- Podcasting resources
- Recommended online courses
- Recommended books
Meet Anjali Jariwala
Anjali Jariwala, CPA and CFP®, is the founder of FIT Advisors – a financial planning firm serving physicians and business owners virtually across the US. Prior to launching her own firm, Anjali spent over 6 years years working with Fortune 500 clients at a top 4 accounting firm, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and 2 years with a large, prestigious financial planning firm serving high net worth individuals.
During her career, she would often share financial advice with family and friends, but began to realize that not only did most of them lack access to the best personal finance information, but also their busy family lives meant they just didn’t have the time to pull it all together on their own. So, she decided she could make a bigger impact by starting her own firm.
Anjali utilizes her expertise in tax and finance to empower her clients to discover and reach their life goals while building a stable financial future.
Anjali hosts Money Checkup podcast – a semi-monthly checkup that discusses the many facets of financial well-being. She was named one of Investment News Top 40 under 40 for 2019 and named one of Financial Advisor magazine’s Young Advisors To Watch for 2020. Anjali has been featured in Bloomberg, US News and World Report, New York Times, USA Today, Business Insider, Investment News and more.
Most physicians and dentists come out of training programs with a huge amount of personal debt and little to no idea of how to actually run a clinical practice. This Facebook community is for anyone who wants to learn more about how to manage their business more successfully and master their personal finances.
The Doctor Podcast Network is a group of physician and physician family podcasters with incredible messages to share with physicians. I’m incredibly excited to be a founding member of the organization. We are a large and growing network with incredible outreach.
We podcast about any and all topics that are important to physicians and their families including:
- Financial wellness
- Business mastery and leadership
- Marriage and family support
- Real estate
- and much more!
Click here and come check out the great podcasts that are a part of the network. If you’re thinking about starting a podcast, we’d love to have you join us! Help us reach out to physicians all over the world!
- How to build and implement a successful long-term finance strategy
- How to budget effectively without going crazy
- What to do in order to get you and your spouse on the same page with your finances
- Writing a resume
- How to find the right practice to join
- Or anything else related to business or personal finance
I’d love to help you so you can have the successful career and financial freedom you deserve. Just click here and email me to set up a free consultation to determine if one-on-one coaching is right for you.
I’ve coached hundreds of families to eliminate millions of dollars in debt and get their finances on track, and I’d love to help you do the same so you feel safe knowing your career and personal finances are as strong as you want them to be.
- 00:00 – Introduction to the episode
- 01:15 – Subscribe to the podcast, and please leave a review!
- 01:22 – Sign up for the White Coat Investor Conference!
- 02:20 – This week’s sponsor is Resolve, a contract review company.
- 02:32 – Check out the resources on the website to help you grow your business and master your personal finances.
- 03:05 – Introduction to Anjali Jariwala.
- 04:39 – The Scope of Practice Podcast is pleased to welcome Anjali Jariwala, founder of FIT Advisors!
- 06:04 – When you’re starting to plan your finances, consider the tax implications of all of your investments.
- 08:24 – When is it time to consider hiring a tax professional? Anjali Jariwala has some thoughts on that.
- 10:38 – Anjali discusses the components of tax planning.
- 12:36 – Be careful in calculating your withholding requirements for the taxes so you don’t come to tax time and have a massive shortfall. This is one of the things that Anjali helps people do at FIT Advisors.
- 15:56 – What are the top mistakes that physicians make when it comes to taxes?
- 20:05 – Anjali Jariwala reminds us to think about tax planning with regard to state taxes. If you’re a locum tenens physician, you may end up paying taxes in multiple states.
- 22:19 – The founder of FIT Advisors walks us through important tax deductions we need to consider.
- 23:06 – Even Anjali has a CPA that does her taxes for her. Consider hiring a professional!
- 25:27 – So, what the heck is a K-1?
- 27:09 – If you have a K-1, you won’t be able to file on time, but you still have to pay on time!!! Anjali Jariwala and FIT Advisors
- 27:50 – If you don’t pay estimated taxes, you could get hit with a big penalty.
- 32:03 – Don’t forget these important deductions to reduce your tax liability!
- 34:29 – When you plan your investments, put tax-inefficient investments in a retirement account. Anjali Jariwala describes some huge mistakes she has seen physicians make.
- 38:08 – How about planning for an IRA? The team at FIT Advisors can help advise you on how to plan taxes around your IRA contributions. Anjali Jariwala really like the Roth IRA concept.
- 41:20 – What are some legal ways to avoid paying a lot of money in taxes? The FIT Advisors CEO shares some ideas.
- 45:44 – The Donor Advised Fund (DAF) is a great way to donate to charities in a tax-advantaged way.
- 47:08 – Anjali Jariwala shares her parting advice.
- 49:37 – Connect with Anjali Jariwala, the Money Checkup Podcast, and FIT Advisors.
- 51:01 – Summary of the episode
- 52:20 – This week’s free resource is a guide called “Creating an Easy Budget that Works.”
- 54:05 – Signing off!
Full Disclosure: Some of the links to the resources listed above may be affiliate links, which means that I will receive a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. But it doesn’t cost you anything extra—it’s just a way to show you appreciate what we do here. Thanks for this.