Podcast Episode 42 – Leadership Lessons from Disney to the Physician Moms Group – Dr. Hala Sabry
Episode 42 – If you want to succeed in any area of your life, find out what a successful person has done and mirror that. Dr. Hala Sabry is my guest on the podcast today, and she is a leader worth emulating. I’m thrilled that she’s coming to share her business and leadership acumen with us. This is part one of a four part series with Dr. Sabry on leadership, business, work/life balance, and the future of Women in Medicine.
She spent 7 years at the Disney corporation learning leadership and business management techniques. She also created the Physician Moms Group on Facebook, which now has over 115,000 members. So, she definitely knows some things about leadership. If you’re looking for help with becoming the leader that you wish you could be, this is a great place to start. In this episode, we cover some great topics like mentorship, searching for opportunities, and seizing the spirit of adventure.
BONUS!!!!! Listen through to the end of the podcast to get instructions on how to become eligible to win one of the five free personal finance and career coaching sessions I’m giving away for free this month to podcast listeners!
Free Resource: 5 Critical Tools for Physician Leaders
Check out the additional free resources available at The Scope of Practice!
- Business management resources
- Personal finance resources
- Podcasting resources
- Recommended online courses
- Recommended books
Meet Dr. Hala Sabry
Join the Business and Personal Finance for Physicians and Dentists Facebook Group!
Most physicians and dentists come out of training programs with a huge amount of personal debt and little to no idea of how to actually run a clinical practice. This Facebook community is for anyone who wants to learn more about how to manage their business more successfully and master their personal finances.
Check out the Doctor Podcast Network!
The Doctor Podcast Network is a group of physician and physician family podcasters with incredible messages to share with physicians. I’m incredibly excited to be a founding member of the organization. We are a large and growing network with incredible outreach.
We podcast about any and all topics that are important to physicians and their families including:
- Financial wellness
- Business mastery and leadership
- Marriage and family support
- Real estate
- and much more!
Click here and come check out the great podcasts that are a part of the network. If you’re thinking about starting a podcast, we’d love to have you join us! Help us reach out to physicians all over the world!
One-on-one personal finance and business coaching
If you need a little more individualized help figuring out:
- How to build and implement a successful long-term finance strategy
- How to budget effectively without going crazy
- What to do in order to get you and your spouse on the same page with your finances
- Writing a resume
- How to find the right practice to join
- Or anything else related to business or personal finance
I’d love to help you so you can have the successful career and financial freedom you deserve. Just click here and email me to set up a free consultation to determine if one-on-one coaching is right for you.
I’ve coached hundreds of families to eliminate millions of dollars in debt and get their finances on track, and I’d love to help you do the same so you feel safe knowing your career and personal finances are as strong as you want them to be.
Click here and email me to set up a free consultation today!
- 00:00 – Introduction to the episode, and it’s time to celebrate Women in Medicine all month long!
- 01:29 – Subscribe to the podcast, and please leave a review!
- 01:58 – There’s a special offer for the podcast listeners this episode! Stay tuned to the end to find out how to get it!
- 02:32 – This week’s sponsor is the online course, “On Time MD.” Click this link and enter the code “2021” at checkout for 15% off!
- 03:46 – Introduction to Dr. Hala Sabry, founder of the Physician Mom’s Group.
- 05:54 – Part 1 of the four part series with Dr. Hala Sabry: business and leadership.
- 06:58 – Dr. Hala Sabry talks about going to work at Disneyland and how that started her business journey.
- 09:48 – Dr. Lacey shares his own business and leadership laboratory experience
- 10:38 – Transitioning from Disney to medicine, Dr. Hala Sabry saw that the management was very different.
- 11:18 – Dr. Sabry shares that she was going to medical school because it was what her father wanted for her, but she completely fell in love with medicine.
- 14:00 – “I see a problem, I look for a solution.” Dr. Hala Sabry says that’s how she has always been.
- 15:34 – What were some of the biggest challenges for Dr. Sabry when she was at Disney? She shares a story about the role an important mentor played in her life.
- 17:49 – Don’t ask, “What’s the next step in my role?” Ask instead, what’s the best role for my life?”
- 20:28 – If you’re not looking for opportunities, you’re at the mercy of people who are.
- 21:11 – How does Dr. Hala Sabry go about the process of looking for opportunities?
- 26:53 – If you’re going to dream big, you need to make sure you can execute big! A vision with no plan to execute is a wish. You need the plan and the execution. Dr. Hala Sabry does both.
- 31:02 – It’s easy to be envious and resentful of other people’s success. Don’t allow yourself to fall into that trap! Take Dr. Hala Sabry’s lead and look for ways to grow and get better by following the examples of others.
- 32:04 – Dr. Sabry says, “A leader is one who goes and makes leaders of other people.”
- 35:53 – Connect with Dr. Hala Sabry.
- 36:30 – Summary of the episode with Dr. Hala Sabry. It’s amazing that the Physician Moms Group has grown so much.
- 36:55 – This week’s free resource is a guide called “5 Critical Tools for Physician Leaders.”
- 38:26 – Signing off!
Listen to the next episode
Full Disclosure: Some of the links to the resources listed above may be affiliate links, which means that I will receive a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. But it doesn’t cost you anything extra—it’s just a way to show you appreciate what we do here. Thanks for this.
business, community, culture, dentist, entrepreneur, leadership, physician, practice management