Podcast Episode 43 – How to Start, Grow, and Scale Your Business Like a Boss – Dr. Hala Sabry (founder of Physician Moms Group)
Episode 43 – What got you here, won’t get you there! Whatever you’ve done to get to this point in your business may not be enough to keep you growing. As your business grows, you have to grow along with it. You must adapt to ensure that your business will continue to adapt as well. Dr. Hala Sabry (founder of Physician Moms Group) joins us today for part 2 of our four part series on business and leadership.
Today, we explore what it takes to start your business. Then, one the business begins to grow, how do you get it to scale? What does it take to grow your business 2x, 5x, 10x? Dr. Sabry has been on a continuous growth trajectory for six years, and she knows what it takes to grow and scale your business. In this episode, we explore her insights that helped her grow the Physician Moms Group into the powerhouse that it is today.
BONUS!!!!! Listen through to the end of the podcast to get instructions on how to become eligible to win one of the five free personal finance and career coaching sessions I’m giving away for free this month to podcast listeners!
Free Resource: Writing Your CV/Résumé
Writing Your CV
Your résumé/CV is one of the most important documents you have, and yet most people have a CV that is disorganized and won't generate leads for job prospects or leadership positions. Download this guide to help you write the best CV so you can get the promotions and opportunities you deserve!
Check your email in the next few minutes for your free guide, "Writing Your CV." If you don't receive it, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the additional free resources available at The Scope of Practice!
- Business management resources
- Personal finance resources
- Podcasting resources
- Recommended online courses
- Recommended books
Meet Dr. Hala Sabry
Most physicians and dentists come out of training programs with a huge amount of personal debt and little to no idea of how to actually run a clinical practice. This Facebook community is for anyone who wants to learn more about how to manage their business more successfully and master their personal finances.
The Doctor Podcast Network is a group of physician and physician family podcasters with incredible messages to share with physicians. I’m incredibly excited to be a founding member of the organization. We are a large and growing network with incredible outreach.
We podcast about any and all topics that are important to physicians and their families including:
- Financial wellness
- Business mastery and leadership
- Marriage and family support
- Real estate
- and much more!
Click here and come check out the great podcasts that are a part of the network. If you’re thinking about starting a podcast, we’d love to have you join us! Help us reach out to physicians all over the world!
- How to build and implement a successful long-term finance strategy
- How to budget effectively without going crazy
- What to do in order to get you and your spouse on the same page with your finances
- Writing a resume
- How to find the right practice to join
- Or anything else related to business or personal finance
I’d love to help you so you can have the successful career and financial freedom you deserve. Just click here and email me to set up a free consultation to determine if one-on-one coaching is right for you.
I’ve coached hundreds of families to eliminate millions of dollars in debt and get their finances on track, and I’d love to help you do the same so you feel safe knowing your career and personal finances are as strong as you want them to be.
- 00:00 – Introduction to the episode
- 01:16 – Subscribe to the podcast, and please leave a review!
- 01:48 – Email me if you’re interested in getting one-on-one finance or career coaching.
- 02:20 – If you’re in the Physician Moms Groups (PMG), please post in the group that you heard about her on The Scope of Practice Podcast.
- 04:11 – Introduction to Dr. Hala Sabry, founder of Physician Moms Group.
- 05:02 – Introducing Dr. Hala Sabry for part 2 of the 4-part series with her. Today’s topic: starting, growing and scaling a business
- 05:49 – Dr. Hala Sabry shares how she founded the Physician Moms Group.
- 08:17 – Physician Moms Group is now over 115,000 members. Dr. Hala Sabry has over 10% of all U.S physicians in her community!
- 10:07 – In the early days of creating the Physician Moms Group, Dr. Sabry had some early errors that served as learning points that facilitated her future growth.
- 13:17 – One thing that Dr. Hala Sabry didn’t expect with building the Physician Moms Group was how vicious her detractors would be.
- 14:55 – Sexism and racism are not completely extinguished in medicine yet. Dr. Sabry and the Physician Moms Group have experienced that.
- 18:07 – As a leader of a community as diverse as Physician Moms Group, how does Dr. Hala Sabry balance what the members need with her vision for the group?
- 23:24 – Keeping your mission at the heart of your business is critical to growing and scaling. Physician Moms Group could have been derailed any time if Dr. Hala Sabry hadn’t kept the primary mission central.
- 24:49 – It’s common for entrepreneurs to not want to delegate things. They want to do everything themselves. When Physician Moms Group hit 10,000 members, Dr. Sabry realized that she needed to bring on some more talent.
- 27:42 – Whenever you have an area that you are not capable of leading effectively, it’s time to hire someone to fill that role.
- 31:53 – Mentors are important for our life. There are tens of thousands of mentors in the Physician Moms Group, and Dr. Hala Sabry understands the value of mentors.
- 36:27 – Recruit someone who can lead effectively in an area where you can’t, hire the right person, turn them loose, and celebrate their accomplishments. And…..drop the mic!
- 37:17 – Connect with Dr. Hala Sabry.
- 37:59 – Summary of the episode.
- 38:41 – This week’s free resource is a guide called “Writing Your CV.”
- 41:13 – Signing off!
Full Disclosure: Some of the links to the resources listed above may be affiliate links, which means that I will receive a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. But it doesn’t cost you anything extra—it’s just a way to show you appreciate what we do here. Thanks for this.