Podcast Episode 46 – What does the future look like for women in medicine? – Dr. Hala Sabry
Episode 46 – In my last conversation with Dr. Hala Sabry, we talked about balancing career and family aspirations. When you’re driven to succeed in all areas of your life, it’s hard to balance those different ambitions. If you didn’t get a chance to listen, make sure to go check that out. In today’s episode, we’re wrapping up the four part series with Dr. Sabry by talking about the future for women in medicine.
The first women to earn a medical degree in the U.S. was Dr. Elizabeth Blackwell in 1849. Today, women make up half of all medical school classes. We’ve made tremendous progress in advancing opportunities for both women and men to excel in the medical field. So, what’s on the horizon? What does the future look like for women in medicine?
Dr. Sabry and lots of amazing women (and men) are working hard to ensure that anyone in the medical field has every opportunity they want. I think the future is incredibly bright, and I’m excited to bring you this final interview in my four part series with Dr. Hala Sabry.
Free Resource: Creating Your Personal Mission Statement
Creating A Personal Mission Statement
Any good business or nonprofit organization will have a mission statement and/or core values. Download our free guide to get started today.
You have successfully requested the free guide, "Creating a Personal Mission Statement"
Check out the additional free resources available at The Scope of Practice!
- Business management resources
- Personal finance resources
- Podcasting resources
- Recommended online courses
- Recommended books
Meet Dr. Hala Sabry
Most physicians and dentists come out of training programs with a huge amount of personal debt and little to no idea of how to actually run a clinical practice. This Facebook community is for anyone who wants to learn more about how to manage their business more successfully and master their personal finances.
The Doctor Podcast Network is a group of physician and physician family podcasters with incredible messages to share with physicians. I’m incredibly excited to be a founding member of the organization. We are a large and growing network with incredible outreach.
We podcast about any and all topics that are important to physicians and their families including:
- Financial wellness
- Business mastery and leadership
- Marriage and family support
- Real estate
- and much more!
Click here and come check out the great podcasts that are a part of the network. If you’re thinking about starting a podcast, we’d love to have you join us! Help us reach out to physicians all over the world!
- How to build and implement a successful long-term finance strategy
- How to budget effectively without going crazy
- What to do in order to get you and your spouse on the same page with your finances
- Writing a resume
- How to find the right practice to join
- Or anything else related to business or personal finance
I’d love to help you so you can have the successful career and financial freedom you deserve. Just click here and email me to set up a free consultation to determine if one-on-one coaching is right for you.
I’ve coached hundreds of families to eliminate millions of dollars in debt and get their finances on track, and I’d love to help you do the same so you feel safe knowing your career and personal finances are as strong as you want them to be.
- 00:00 – Introduction to the episode
- 01:16 – Subscribe to the podcast, and please leave a review!
- 03:07 – Introduction to Dr. Hala Sabry, founder of Physician Moms Group and a champion for women in medicine.
- 04:11 – Welcoming back Dr. Hala Sabry for part four of her four part series, here to talk about the future for women in medicine.
- 05:42 – Dr. Sabry shares what it’s like as a woman in the medical field. What is a career like for women in medicine, and how have her experiences shaped her views?
- 08:57 – What’s it like for women in medicine from underrepresented minorities? Dr. Hala Sabry shares some experiences that she learned with one of her mentors in medical school.
- 11:02 – Unfortunately, women in medicine do still experience sexism in the workplace. Intentional or inadvertent, it’s important to recognize?
- 11:25 – What are the struggles of women in medicine that are perhaps less well known or less well understood.
- 14:17 – What are some areas of progress for women in medicine over the last 50 years?
- 16:00 – Women in medicine have to make tough choices as they balance their career and family aspirations.
- 17:50 – What are the attitudes towards women in medicine among the different generations?
- 19:47 – Dr. Hala Sabry discusses how women in medicine struggle with patient interactions.
- 22:35 – Intentions matter when it comes to interpersonal interactions.
- 25:20 – Kids growing up today are more comfortable with the idea of women as physicians.
- 27:26 – What are the top 2-3 goals for women in medicine that Dr. Hala Sabry would like to achieve?
- 32:26 – Dr. Hala Sabry is optimistic about the future for women in medicine because she believes that she is going to succeed.
- 33:38 – Connect to Dr. Hala Sabry and continue the discussion about women in medicine.
- 34:38 – Summary of the episode.
- 35:12 – Email me at email@example.com with the special code mentioned in the podcast to have a chance to win a free coaching session on personal finance.
- 36:15 – Signing off!
Full Disclosure: Some of the links to the resources listed above may be affiliate links, which means that I will receive a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. But it doesn’t cost you anything extra—it’s just a way to show you appreciate what we do here. Thanks for this.