Sunday Special 10 – “It Takes Courage to Do the Right Thing as a Physician” with Dr. K Kay Moody
Sunday Special 10 – I’m really pumped about today’s episode. I feel like it’s wrong to have favorite podcast episodes, like you shouldn’t have favorite kids. But, I’ll just say that this is one of the most inspiring conversations I’ve had on the sunday special yet. Dr. K Kay Moody is an emergency medicine physician who’s had to overcome a lot of serious challenges.
She’s battled hospital administrators who were making it harder to care for her patients. She has battled leaders who wanted her to stay quiet instead of speaking out against bad practices. And she’s dealt with people not taking her seriously because she’s a woman.
Well, let me tell you, this conversation inspired me. I want this discussion to give you courage. If she can take a stand, then we all can. God didn’t give us a spirit of timidity, but rather a spirit of power and love. Dr. Moody has that in spades, and I think you’re really going to be inspired by her interview.
Email Dr. Brent Lacey for help with career or personal finance coaching.
Free Resource: The Body of Christ – A 14-day devotional series for healthcare professionals
This is a medically-themed devotional series with Bible passage discussion, reflection questions, prayers, and action steps to take each day. It’s a great series, and you can download it for free below.
Also, we are expanding The Body of Christ to a full 90-day series, and we are now accepting submissions from guest authors for the devotional series. If you want to contribute to the series and write some of the devotionals, please let me know!
Guest authors get full attribution and promotion for their business, blog, or podcast. You can email me at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Dr. K Kay Moody
Dr. K Kay Moody is an emergency medicine physician on the west coast. She founded the facebook group EM Docs, which is one of the largest physician facebook groups out there. She is passionate about helping younger physicians recognize and deal with burnout, as well as strengthening the power of women in medicine. You can connect with her at GlacierRockWellness.com, Doc2DocRental.com, or at email@example.com.
One-on-one personal finance and business coaching
If you need a little more individualized help figuring out:
- How to build and implement a successful long-term finance strategy
- How to budget effectively without going crazy
- What to do in order to get you and your spouse on the same page with your finances
- Writing a resume
- How to find the right practice to join
- Or anything else related to business or personal finance
I’d love to help you so you can have the successful career and financial freedom you deserve. Just click here and email me to set up a free consultation to determine if one-on-one coaching is right for you.
I’ve coached hundreds of families to eliminate millions of dollars in debt and get their finances on track, and I’d love to help you do the same so you feel safe knowing your career and personal finances are as strong as you want them to be.
Click here and email me to set up a free consultation today!
- 00:00 – Introduction to The Sunday Special.
- 01:58 – Subscribe to The Scope of Practice Podcast
- 02:20 – Today’s Bible verse is: 2 Timothy 1:7 – “For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.”
- 02:47 – Today’s episode is sponsored by MedEvolve.
- 03:49 – Introduction to Dr. K Kay Moody.
- 04:55 – Let’s meet Dr. K Kay Moody!
- 06:40 – Dr. K Kay Moody shares how she came to accept Jesus as her Savior.
- 09:26 – God calls the broken, the miserable, and the lost to him. He constantly uses imperfect people to accomplish His perfect will.
- 11:18 – Dr. K Kay Moody talks about how difficult it can be to step out in faith and share our witness with the world.
- 13:10 – Praying before every shift helps Dr. K Kay Moody recenter her focus and align her mind with God’s will for her career.
- 14:41 – We need the strength of a higher power to lift us up when our jobs become overwhelming.
- 15:35 – Dr. K Kay Moody has had to overcome challenges of unsupportive leadership, overburdensome regulations, and people wanting to not take her seriously.
- 19:15 – The middle of a crisis is a bad time to figure out your principles. Decide your principles before there’s a crisis, then anchor to that when the crisis hits. Dr. K Kay Moody shares her perspective.
- 25:00 – Perhaps you were made for such a time as this. When you go through the struggles of your career, fall back on your faith, like Dr. K Kay Moody does.
- 26:56 – God doesn’t call us to be fearless. He calls us to be courageous in the face of fear.
- 27:45 – “We become brave by doing brave things.” – Augustine
- 31:01 – Dr. K Kay Moody celebrates difficulties because she knows that going through those trials because going through those trials develops perseverance.
- 32:50 – When you’ve been through those difficulties, you can encourage and equip someone who is going through the same issues you’ve already overcome.
- 36:50 – Dr. K Kay Moody shares her favorite Bible verse, Psalm 23.
- 39:30 – Dr. K Kay Moody shares her parting advice.
- 42:10 – Connect with Dr. K Kay Moody.
- 43:52 – Summary of the episode.
- 45:05 – Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about getting one-on-one coaching for career or personal finances.
- 45:55 – Free resource: 14 day devotional series called “The Body of Christ”
- 47:38 – Signing off!
Full Disclosure: Some of the links to the resources listed above may be affiliate links, which means that I will receive a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. But it doesn’t cost you anything extra—it’s just a way to show you appreciate what we do here. Thanks for this.