Sunday Special 12 – How an Undocumented Immigrant Became a Successful U.S. Physician – Dr. Mario Mendoza
Sunday Special 12 – My guest on The Sunday Special today is Dr. Mario Mendoza. Dr. Mendoza is an anesthesiologist with a unique personal journey, literally. He and his mother fled political persecution and threat of death from Central America and trekked hundreds of miles to the U.S. Border when he was a child. They entered, as Dr. Mendoza likes to say, as undocumented immigrants.
He grew up in New York, excelled in school, contributed to his community, and eventually earned his green card. Against all odds, he went to medical school and now is a successful U.S. physician. That’s amazing, but the thing that’s more amazing is how he came to faith as a follower of Jesus and the passion with which he now pursues that calling. He has an absolutely incredible testimony, and I’m just so excited to get to share this with you.
Email Dr. Brent Lacey for help with career or personal finance coaching.
This is a medically-themed devotional series with Bible passage discussion, reflection questions, prayers, and action steps to take each day. It’s a great series, and you can download it for free below.
Also, we are expanding The Body of Christ to a full 90-day series, and we are now accepting submissions from guest authors for the devotional series. If you want to contribute to the series and write some of the devotionals, please let me know!
Guest authors get full attribution and promotion for their business, blog, or podcast. You can email me at mailto:email@example.com.
Meet Dr. Mario Mendoza
Connect to Dr. Mario Mendoza!
- How to build and implement a successful long-term finance strategy
- How to budget effectively without going crazy
- What to do in order to get you and your spouse on the same page with your finances
- Writing a resume
- How to find the right practice to join
- Or anything else related to business or personal finance
I’d love to help you so you can have the successful career and financial freedom you deserve. Just click here and email me to set up a free consultation to determine if one-on-one coaching is right for you.
I’ve coached hundreds of families to eliminate millions of dollars in debt and get their finances on track, and I’d love to help you do the same so you feel safe knowing your career and personal finances are as strong as you want them to be.
- 00:00 – Introduction to The Sunday Special.
- 02:36 – Subscribe to The Scope of Practice Podcast
- 02:51 – Today’s Bible verse is: Psalm 32:8 – “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.”
- 04:42 – Introduction to Dr. Mario Mendoza.
- 05:40 – The Sunday Special is an opportunity for us to speak boldly about our Christian faith.
- 06:25 – Let’s meet Dr. Mario Mendoza, founder of Life Undocumented!
- 08:20 – Dr. Mario Mendoza shares his personal testimony with us.
- 10:10 – In a unique discussion of his struggles with atheism and divorce. Dr. Mario Mendoza shares how Jesus pulled him out of the depths of despair.
- 12:33 – As the Bible acknowledges, Dr. Mario Mendoza shares that living in the world but not being of the world was difficult
- 14:40 – We would not have been calling to Jesus, unless He had been calling to us first.
- 16:20 – Dr. Mario Mendoza shares his unique journey to get to the United States.
- 25:10 – “Apart from Me, you can do nothing,” says Jesus in the Bible. Dr. Mario Mendoza understands this all too well, and that’s what drives his passion for Jesus.
- 29:14 – Dr. Lacey shares the story of John Newton, writer of “Amazing Grace.”
- 31:34 – Did his time as an atheist make Dr. Mario Mendoza’s faith stronger now, since he knows the arguments that atheists make to defy Christ?
- 35:15 – The Bible is divinely inspired truth. We know that the Word is inspired by God, and it makes the world make sense. That should give us great comfort and confidence!
- 37:26 – Dr. Mario Mendoza shares the heart behind his nonprofit organization, Life Undocumented.
- 46:50 – Connect to Dr. Mario Mendoza and Life Undocumented
- 48:18 – Summary of the episode.
- 49:12 – Free resource: 14 day devotional series called “The Body of Christ”
- 51:16 – Signing off!
Full Disclosure: Some of the links to the resources listed above may be affiliate links, which means that I will receive a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. But it doesn’t cost you anything extra—it’s just a way to show you appreciate what we do here. Thanks for this.