Sunday Special 13 – Your Medical Career Should Be a Grand Adventure! – Dr. Candice Williams (Keyboard Doc)
Sunday Special 13 – My guest today is Dr. Candice Williams, also known as Keyboard Doc. She was a full-time anesthesiologist until she hear God calling her to leave her medical career and pursue a full-time career as a professional musician and music producer. Her career has been quite the whirlwind of change the last couple of years, but it has been a grand adventure and I can’t wait for her to share it with you. This episode is really uplifting and inspiring. You’re going to love it.
Register for Residency-Proof Your Marriage!
I’m excited to tell you about a new online course I’m launching called “Residency-Proof Your Marriage.” I’ve seen way too many couples get divorced or see their relationships go sour during their medical career. Medical training is an inherently divisive time, so you have to work to combat that!
This online video course will coach you through setting expectations, communicating effectively, getting on the same page with finances, and keeping your relationship thriving during a difficult time. Whether you’re in medical school, residency, or out in clinical practice, Residency-Proof Your Marriage is going to help you build a thriving medical marriage.
I’m looking for 15 couples to sign up for the beta version of the course. You’ll get full access to the course at the lowest price it’ll ever be offered. We’ll also ask you for feedback periodically throughout the course to help us make the course even better.
The price is $69 for students and trainees, and only $99 for practicing physicians. This is a very inexpensive investment in your marriage. A weekend marriage retreat will cost upwards of $1000 between food, registration, lodging, and vacation time.
For this course, you’ll get all the great content in the course for a fraction of the price and you complete it on your own time as your schedule allows. Click the link in the podcast description or go to www.thescopeofpractice.com/marriagecourse to sign up today. We’re limiting the signups initially to 15 couples, so sign up today. Again, just click the link in the podcast description or go to www.thescopeofpractice.com/marriagecourse to sign up today.
Email Dr. Brent Lacey for help with career or personal finance coaching.
This is a medically-themed devotional series with Bible passage discussion, reflection questions, prayers, and action steps to take each day. It’s a great series, and you can download it for free below.
Also, we are expanding The Body of Christ to a full 90-day series, and we are now accepting submissions from guest authors for the devotional series. If you want to contribute to the series and write some of the devotionals, please let me know!
Guest authors get full attribution and promotion for their business, blog, or podcast. You can email me at mailto:email@example.com.
Meet Dr. Candice Williams (Keyboard Doc)
Dr. Candice Williams is a Pain Management Anesthesiologist turned Music Producer and Health Coach. She has successfully navigated the journey past her fear of change and uncertainty to pursue her life-long passion for music. Dr. Williams creates music for healing /relaxation and is a curator of uplifting messages, embodied her recent album release, Serenity Sounds: Music for Healing, Relaxation and Sleep. Her goals include having her music played in hospitals and used for therapy in various settings and writing music that uplifts the African American Community. Her album, Black Beauty by J.N.C., a collaborative project is in progress. Their single, Black Beauty, is currently available on all outlets. She is passionate about giving back to her community through educating students about STEAM careers and works to increase diversity in medicine through coaching, mentorship and speaking.
Connect to Dr. Candice Williams (Keyboard Doc)!
- How to build and implement a successful long-term finance strategy
- How to budget effectively without going crazy
- What to do in order to get you and your spouse on the same page with your finances
- Writing a resume
- How to find the right practice to join
- Or anything else related to business or personal finance
I’d love to help you so you can have the successful career and financial freedom you deserve. Just click here and email me to set up a free consultation to determine if one-on-one coaching is right for you.
I’ve coached hundreds of families to eliminate millions of dollars in debt and get their finances on track, and I’d love to help you do the same so you feel safe knowing your career and personal finances are as strong as you want them to be.
- 00:00 – Introduction to The Sunday Special.
- 01:30 – Subscribe to The Scope of Practice Podcast
- 02:51 – Today’s Bible verse is: James 3:1 – “Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.”
- 02:45 – Sign up for the beta launch of “Residency-Proof Your Marriage.”
- 04:39 – This week’s sponsor is Panacea Financial.
- 05:23 – Introduction to Dr. Candice Williams (Keyboard Doc).
- 06:08 – Let’s meet Dr. Candice Williams, also known as Keyboard Doc!
- 07:11 – How did Dr. Candice Williams come to accept Jesus as her Savior?
- 08:51 – Dr. Lacey and Dr. Williams had similar salvation stories.
- 10:04 – God calls everyone to Him, but not everyone hears the call in the same way.
- 11:29 – Was it your exposure to the church early on that shaped your passion for music?
- 14:14 – Dr. Candice Williams has been a professional musician for a long time.
- 14:27 – Does the Keyboard Doc feel like her music has been shaped by her faith and her spiritual experiences.
- 15:53 – When the Keyboard Doc went to medical school, did she have to give up her music for a while?
- 17:57 – Dr. Lacey shares some of his musical experiences with Dr. Candice Williams.
- 19:26 – What was it that called the Keyboard Doc back to music while she was in the middle of her medical career?
- 22:31 – Dr. Candice Wiliams had to take a huge leap of faith to leave medicine and become a musician.
- 25:11 – As Dr. Candice Williams has made this transition, she had an amazing relationship with her husband to fall back on for support.
- 29:24 – Dr. Lacey praises Dr. Candice Williams for speaking in such edifying ways about her husband.
- 31:48 – How did the Keyboard Doc and her husband come to create their company to produce music?
- 35:56 – Dr. Candice Williams had to learn how to become a music producer, which is a completely different skill set.
- 38:33 – Dr. Williams is getting into music producing for other people, not just her own projects.
- 40:35 – Keyboard Doc talks about her “music rolodex.”
- 43:34 – Has Dr. Williams had some “big” experiences with big name musicians?
- 46:16 – What is the Keyboard Doc’s favorite Bible verse that has been influential for her?
- 47:26 – What is Dr. Candice Williams’ parting advice?
- 49:09 – Connect to Dr. Candice Williams (Keyboard Doc)!
- 50:47 – Summary of the episode.
- 51:08 – Free resource: 14 day devotional series called “The Body of Christ”
- 52:05 – Signing off!
- 52:40 – Enjoy a selection of music from Dr. Candice Williams!
Full Disclosure: Some of the links to the resources listed above may be affiliate links, which means that I will receive a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. But it doesn’t cost you anything extra—it’s just a way to show you appreciate what we do here. Thanks for this.